So, here you have our 'Top 10 Funny/Sweet Moments Starring Our Children of 2014'...
10. Emma to me: 'Does babies come out of the top of they mommies' heads?'
9. Isaac and Emma's nonsensical knock-knock jokes that all go something like this:
I&E: Knock, Knock! Me: Who's there? I&E: Refrigerator. Me: Refrigerator who?
I&E: OVEN! All kids: HAHAHAHAHAHA!
8. Josiah's attempt at his own knock-knock joke: Josiah: Knock-knock! Me: Who's there?
Josiah: Knock-knock! Me: Knock-knock who? Josiah: Knock-knock! All kids: HAHAHAHA!
7. Isaac's very lengthy conversations about anything having to do with Transformers Rescue Bots or Super Hero Squad (and him singing the theme songs with some interesting song interpretations...
just like his mama!). HERO UP! (You can also often hear Emma in the background saying,
'But, I want to watch Doc McStuffins!')
6. Isaac's response after realizing he was using a Baltimore Ravens blanket at our friends' house:
'Ewwww! This is a Ravens blanket!' (Then throwing it down). (This one, of course, made his
mama proud!) WHO-DEY! Bonus sports memory: driving 3 and a half hours one way to make
sure Josiah got to his first Cincinnati Reds baseball game this year (in Pittsburgh).
5. Emma telling just about everyone that 'we went all the way to China on an airplane to get our
little 'brotha' named Josiah. She also likes to say 'Ni Hao!' (hello in Chinese) to everyone who
passes by our fence. (After all, her blonde hair and blue eyes did make her a celebrity in China!)
4. Josiah's pure joy in shouting 'Choo-choo!' anytime he sees anything that has anything to do with
a train. Bonus from the holidays: 'if i just have to dress up and hold out a bag for people to give
me candy..sign me up!' 'if i just have to walk up to a big, white-bearded man in a red suit to get
presents...sign me up!' 'if you want me to go on stage at church for holiday performances, i am
going to dance my little heart out!'
3. All the kids standing up and dancing to 'The Hot Dog Dance' at the end of Mickey Mouse
2. Isaac and Emma running into another room and then running back out and yelling, 'SURPRISE!'
every single time Ricky comes home from work.
1. Emma crying while I read her the book 'The Story of Ping' the day before we finally held Josiah
in our arms in China. She was upset that the duck Ping had been separated from his family and
she cried out 'Ping needs to be with his family!' And then sweetly, the next day, God placed our
very own sweet duckling Josiah into our forever family!
May you and yours have a blessed 2015 filled with sweet moments in the midst of the challenging ones!
Heatwave, Doc McStuffins, and Thomas are in!
Party of 5!